Saturday, July 16, 2011

Disciplinary Confinement, The Hole, Lockdown

Disciplinary Confinement (DC) aka The Hole, aka Lockdown.  Here on Florida’s death row it is basically the same as the other cells.  It’s 9x7 … 63 square foot.  The only differences are, there’s no light switches so you can’t turn the light off.  You have bright cell light beaming in your eyes 18 to 19 hours a day.  This deprives you of sleep.  You are then denied weekly recreation for the first 30 days and then only given recreation once a week after that.  You have no TV, radio, or any of that.  To top that off there are no magazines, new papers or books.  The only reading material you are allowed is religious text.    There is nothing to do to keep the human mind occupied.  On top of all of that you can only order canteen every other week and then you can only purchase paper, envelopes, stamps, pens.  No shampoo or soap and definitely not any food items!!  You have to live off this nasty disgusting state food which no way to supplement or improve any of it like soups, cheese, mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc. which greatly improves the slop that they feed us.

As you can see, I spend my time writing and since I can’t read or any anything else, I write even more.  There is nothing fun about D.C.  You stay hungry.  You are constantly bored and you start counting the days down till you get off.

I’m down here on a 9-35, trying to conduct a business through staff or volunteers which is a 60 day Disciplinary Report (DR).  What I should have gotten was a DR for a 9-14 which carries 30 days.  But because I pissed so many people off with my writings, they were out for blood.  That is why they went for a 9-35 to ensure that I did an extra 30 days on D.C.   So I am bored stiff.  I haven’t had recreation in 44 days which is a clear violation of their own rule.  But this is their world, I just exist in it.  Their rules for them to make, break and apply how and when they want.  Yes, I stand up in the face of adversity. I challenge them and their rules constantly, most of the time to no avail.  But I never quite trying.  Yes, life here on Florida’s death row is hard and life on D.C. is even harder.  There is nothing pretty about it but this is just another existence  where I survive day to day. This is D.C., the hole, lockdown.  Thanks for allowing me to share.  Please take care and fight the good fight.

In peace and love,
Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment