Monday, July 4, 2011

Final Hunger Strike Update

I wanted to give everyone an update on the hunger strike and the results.  It didn’t turn out the way I wanted.  I set a goal aiming for 30 days, and as most of you know, on day 19 the prison administration violated all kinds of constitutional rights by taking all my property; mattress, blanket, soap, toilet paper, etc… I had nothing but my underwear.  My body was already in shock from having very little water and no food for 19 days.  Now added was the shock of extreme cold and sleep deprivation.  And that night, June 8. 2011, I began throwing up.  I had been staying in my bed, not getting up at all.  So on top of all this, I’m having to walk.  My feet hurt and went numb, as did my legs. I fell probably a dozen times that night.  By the next day, Thursday, June 9, not only did my body give up but my mind did as well.  I had to endure four more days of torture.

I had to go through 40 hours of IV treatment, while still laying on a concrete floor, suffering sleep deprivation and sever joint pain.  Finally, on Monday, I was able to hold water down.  And at lunch on June 13, I ate my first meal in 24 days and it was hard to get down and keep down.

On June 14 I was moved back over here to P-Dorm Death Row housing cell P-4105 Disciplinary Confinement (DC) and what amounts to a heat box.  It’s like an oven back here.  I was denied my property for another week.  No fan, no legal material, no address book, etc… Finally, on Monday June 20, my property was returned.  And some of it had been stolen.  So I didn’t get the issue resolved, which I was fighting for on the hunger strike.  We’re not getting weekly recreation on DC and we’re still being sleep deprived due to 18-19 hours of bright cell lights that we can’t turn off.  I ended up getting the maximum of 60 days on DC, so I won’t get off until August 12.

I have written some controversial essays going into more detail about issues going on here but I’m sorry to say you won’t get to read until I get some help from outside the United States to operate my blog.  I am currently looking for this and hope to find someone in the near future.

The bottom line is the only thing accomplished by my hunger strike was being tortured by the administration, which I will be filing a lawsuit on.

Was it worth it?  Probably not.  Would I do it again?  Most definitely!  Because one thing about me is that if I feel I’m done wrong, I’m going to stand up and be heard.  This blog is my only voice to the outside world and mother feels it’s in my best interest to be censored.  I feel you need to know you’re not always getting my full message and it hurts me to my heart that I can’t say what I really feel.  I love my friend and my mother but I don’t like censorship.  Eventually I hope to make changes to the blog so that I alone am responsible for it’s content, and have one or two people outside the US and its laws who will pass out my word and post my writings with out any type of censorship because then and only then will my voice truly be heard.

So to say the least, I failed miserably.  Will there be another hunger strike?  Stick around because only time will tell.  Thank you to all who supported me through this.  Please take care and be good or be good at it.  In peace and love, Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment