Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hunger Strike Updates Days 3-6


Hunger Strike Update Day 3
May 23, 2011

Gandhi tried to bring attention to matters through hunger strikes, peaceful protest, which is exactly what I’m trying to do.  I’m trying to bring attention to issues that need to be changed.  Trying to bring attention to retaliatory action and stop it.  As Gandhi said “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”  I’m trying to protest and bring change in a positive, peaceful manner.  Thank you for your support.
Please view this Disciplinary Report (DR) (coming soon), reported by Luther S. Henkly who retired hours after this report was made.  Lt. Adkins, who I’ve filed numerous grievances against, wrote this DR for Violation 9-35 which is a very serious offense.  Violation 9-35 is attempting to establish a business with staff members or volunteers.  I wrote to a Christian organization not a staff member or volunteer.
Thank you for your time and help.  Please continue to send letters, e-mails and phone calls protesting this retaliatory action. 

Hunger Strike Update Day 4
May 24, 2011

Today I’m a little weak from lack of water.  Lips are cracking.  My weight has dropped from 227 lbs on Friday to 210 lbs today.  I’m more thirsty than hungry.  Going without food is one thing, denying yourself water is a whole nother ballgame.  I hope to live through this to drink water again. 

I’m actually on a status called Administrative Confinement (A/C) which is listed under 33 602.220 (FAC) instead of Disciplinary Confinement.  This is not supposed to be a punishment, just a status. 

If you are on A/C, you might be required to take a drug test.  If you have been refusing all food and water and you are unable to produce urine, you will immediately receive a Disciplinary Report (DR). 

If you receive a DR you are placed on a DC wing.  Under A/C status you’re denied recreation but even worse, you’re denied visitation.  Even is a family member or friend planned a trip well in advance and has spent money on tickets and travel, they will be turned away when they arrive at the prison.  There is no compassion for the visitors.  This is what is on my mind today.

Hunger Strike Update Day 5
May 25, 2011

I’m a lot weaker today.  Yesterday they put me in R Dorm (medical) for about three hours, and then they brought me back to my cell.  Last night I had the dry heaves.  It was gut wrenching heaves that feel like they’re tearing your insides out.  When you’re not drinking water, you have nothing inside you to throw up.  I’m not doing well at all.  Cramps and on top of that I blacked out yesterday.  It actually felt pretty good; probably what death would feel like.  All of my problems seemed to fade away and although it was only for seconds, it felt longer.

I’m not sure I’ll be giving you any more updates.  My vision is really shaky today. I know this is only going to get worse.  Soto all my supporters: thank you and take care.

Later:  I’ve been moved to R Dorm (medical) where I will be until I start eating.

Hunger Strike Update Day 6
May 26, 2011

I’m still going strong. I had to start drinking water so I can last longer.  The longer I go, the more likely I am to bring about necessary changes to my conditions.

I’m here to fight this battle and I really need your help and support.  Please consider leaving comments here. I thank all of you who are supporting me.  And those who don’t, I still love you too Luke 6:32-38. In life sometimes we must make difficult decisions and stand up for ourselves.   That’s all I’m doing through this peaceful protest – saying enough is enough!

Thank you for your time and concern.

In peace and love,

Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment